Thyroid disorders are more common in adults but are seen in children too.
When do you need to go to your endocrinologist?
- Child not growing in height but gaining weight.
- Declining school performance
- Feeling too cold or too hot, more than normal children.
- Irregular periods in girls.
- Infants slow in attaining milestones in comparison to other children.
Thyroid problems can have many a number of presentations and sometimes symptoms not due to thyroid disorders also gets attributed to it.
So it is important to know if your child house a problem with the thyroid functions. This can be very well managed with proper treatment.